Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

knitting out at the cabin

Ross and I spent the last two days out at the cabin on Hood Canal. I got a lot of knitting done out there, in addition to eating deep-fried oysters on the beach for the first time. It was spectacular and sunny the whole time, and it was great to have no time pressures whatsoever. I did learn a new lesson, though: knitting by campfire/lantern does NOT increase my accuracy... I finished my red hat (di.Ve' Teseo wool/microfiber) with plenty of yarn left for the matching scarf, with a few *charming* mistakes courtesy of the darkness.

I also got some work done on my sweater (blue Silky Wool, pattern in Knitter's Stash)...
...and my sock (SweetGeorgia Black Orchid speed demon sock yarn). So far so good! I just need to finish a few more warm things before my trip up north...

2 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Gorgeous socks! Welcome to the world of blogging! :)

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger knittingnurse said...

Welcome to the FAB world of knitting blogs. You will meet so many wonderful people and learn so much! Enjoy your adventure.

GREAT socks. Love that yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home