Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

dyeing yarn has arrived!

A big box of white yarn from KnitPicks has arrived today, so that the knitting group can proceed with our KoolAid yarn dyeing party soon. All together, we ordered 25 skeins! Self-striping sock yarn coming right up... If anybody has good tips/tricks for this project, please let us know!! Just use your imagination:

I also finally just finished a pair of socks for my grandmother (second try -- the first ones were a bit small/short...). Koigu knits up so nicely! Only 5 more pairs to dispatch my Christmas 2005 obligations. I sure could use another few days of uninturrupted knitting time!

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This gal has a good tutorial

http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/2005/12/techniques_selfstriping_yarn.html

happy dying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home