Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Friday, December 19, 2008

Projects for the holidays!

First, a somewhat dressy neck-warmer in Manos silk blend:
Next, a warm and woolley scarf in Noro, made by alternating skeins of the same colorway:
A roll-brim original Manos hat:
And a ShiBui alpaca hat, for someone with sensitive skin:

All the cold weather in Seattle is being good for my knitting! Nothing like being trapped indoors to make the wool extra-lovely.

On the needles now:
1) a green pastaza ear-flap hat for my dad, just waiting for contrast stitching.
2) Anemoi mittens in Jamieson Shetland Spindrift, for me (1/4 done with the first one).
3) Socktopus (grey with multicolored socks) for my uncle's kiddo (if I can bear to part with him).
4) 3 different socks
5) ugly noro scarf
6) blue ribbed sweater

Can we tell I am a bit "project-starting happy"? More photos soon. Fortunately, my economic nervousness has helped me to do the unthinkable -- USE THE STASH! Instead of buying new yarn, I am actually checking out skeins from my yarn-library!

In other news, lots of residency interviews, now over. The hard decisionmaking part begins. I'm heading out to the midwest for Christmas, to see family -- looking forward to the family but not the air travel. My next rotation (Pediatric Endocrinology) begins in January, which I am excited about. Endo is one of my favorite areas, and kids are a joy to be around. What could be better?

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all the new stuff! Especially the neck warmer. Can't wait to see the socktopus too...
I must say I'm a little disappointed you're not heading NORTH for the holidays, but hopefully I'll get to see you soon enough :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home