Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Sunday, February 10, 2008

BUTTER!!

I just made butter! Woohoo!

I have been getting delicious raw milk from Seabreeze Farm, but have been a bit troubled by the fat content (when I am using it for cereal and whatnot). At the same time, I can ALWAYS use butter for my homemade toast. So, this time, I sucked off the cream with a turkey baster (leaving just the lower-fat milk in the milk container). Then, I shook the daylights out of the cream, making butter and buttermilk. I rinsed the butter and put it in the fridge, and put the buttermilk on my cereal!

Voila! No waste, and two delicious things! (Plus arm excercise!)

3 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this deep end of which you speak?

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Incidentally, I just figured this would be the best way to let you know I now have a Blogger account. Didn't realize it came with Gmail!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Liisa said...

Have you changed your email address? Is this the only way to contact you now?

I know you are busy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home