Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Sunday, December 28, 2008

More (holiday) knitting madness!

First, my very own Socktopus! (Rather, a gift for my 2 year old cousin...)


The best part about this pattern is that it was designed by my childhood best friend Laura, who I recently reconnected with after more than a decade of having lost touch! Awesome pattern!


Next, a hat for my Dad (terribly belated -- he picked out the yarn over 3 years ago!). If you look closely, there are neat texture details...


And then, there are the impulse-knit mittens for me! Some cream-colored clearance wool from the very beginning of my stash-building days combined with yarn that should look familiar to anybody that saw my rainbow sweater! So warm, for the deep, deep Seattle (??!!??!!) snow...
Happy holidays to everybody, especially you guys that I usually only talk to electronically (Liisa, Laura, Nancy, Andrew, Erin, Bernie, and on...)!

3 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Erin said...

You finished those mittens FAST! How quick did it take you?

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Liisa said...

Thank you Abi! The octobus looks great, and the rest are absolutely necessary items. You never know about the weather these days.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Laura said...

YAY! It's so cute! And I really like those mittens! And the hat of course!
You silly kids and your weather...we're in the double digits below zero right now, ick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home