Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Saturday, April 01, 2006

flash your stash! (and koolaid part one)

First, take a look at the results from Erin (KnittingRN) and my preliminary koolaid dyeing session. See the progress through the day here. The ones on the left are painted sock yarn, the ones on the right are self-striping (we hope!) and the middle ones are our playing around skeins...Next, the obligatory flashing of the stash. Wools:Cotton:
Bulky lopi:
Wool:
Sock yarn
Eyelash/crochet:
Cheap acrylic:
Mixed polyester, mohair:
Pouffy things:
Silky wool:

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I TOLD you my stash was larger! :) I'm thinking of bringing some acid dyes next week to play with... What do you think of that?

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kool-Aid? Not that I know much about knitting, but I guess things like FD&C Red #40 are good for yarn too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home