Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

knitting in quiet desperation

I am currently trying to decide if I am contaminating my "knitting experience" by using it to keep myself from passing out in class. Hour after monotonous and dimly-lit hour, I knit to keep my head off the desk and my mind on the lecture. I feel like I miss some information at the expense of not dropping stitches, but I retain more than if I were sleeping entirely. Besides, if I fall asleep, I will poke myself in the eye.

The terrible thing is that the information is FASCINATING and NECESSARY, and if I did not have such a large volume of exams I would love to learn it all.

8 and 1/2 weeks until the holiday break.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Oh, Abi!! Don't poke yourself in the eye!! :) Then you can't see the FABULOUS sweater you're knitting up. BTW, Weaving Works has a TON of new spindles in stock! I was tempted to get you one, but I didn't know if you wanted a heavier one or smaller one. I wonder what your professors would do if you started to SPIN in class?! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home