Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Monday, June 19, 2006

long walk

This weekend was a wild one, dring which several of us took care of our friends' twins. Each time I borrow someone's kids, it reminds me why it will be a while before I am prepared to have any of my own! They were great kids, though, and I got a bit of time to work on some baby stuff for my classmate. We went to the zoo on Saturday, and got to see some fabulous creatures -- I love the zoo, and it is a place that I tend not to go to unless I have kids with me...

Yesterday, Rebecca and I set out from Lynnwood on the Interurban Trail to take a long walk, in training for walking a half-marathon at the SeaFair Marathon in July. We walked through 5 different municipalities, including Lynnwood, Edmonds, Mountlake Terrace, Shoreline, and finally Seattle. Unfortunately, one aspect of the trail is that it tends to have random gaps between stops and starts of sections, and we managed to get a bit lost after a while. We ended up losing the trail entirely (when we took some other trail by accident), and heading mostly south and east to get to my house. The question of the day is if we will be able to walk at work!

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Liisa said...

Were you able to walk at work after such an effort?

I started a photoblog www.liisankuvat.blogspot.com and there are some pictures in Flickr as well in case you want to have a look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home