Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dye-o-rama swap goodies!!

I know it's been a while. I had to spend the last week sitting on the couch and sleeping, so I was much too busy to write... *grin*

Anyway, look! MY NEW SWAP YARN ARRIVED!


Huge thanks to Kimberly for creating such lovely yarn. I feel so spoiled for the gift of not one, but TWO stunning skeins of sock yarn! Check out the beautiful weaving on her blog, too.

In the meantime, I finished two single socks featured previously in the incomplete state:


Now I have to get cracking on baby stuff before the baby beats the knitting projects in the race to completion!

We went on a sailing trip this past weekend, to Port Orchard. This is the best marina facility that I have EVER been to. It is reasonably priced (the fuel price is very fair!), and the restrooms with FREE SHOWERS are clean and well-stocked. There are some restaurants and a supermarket within easy walking distance, and even a store that sells yarn (or so I am told). We had sunny weather both days, and enough wind to get a lot of sailing in! We also found a fantastic used bookstore that was just opened by a brilliant fellow with great taste in books. I will definately be back.

In the real world, I started back in the research lab this past Monday. It is a nice change from school, working 9-5 with no homework! Things are going well so far, and I expect to actually get some experiments underway by the end of the week. I am also teaching a Communications class for a group of high school students this summer, and I need to finish up my lesson plan before classes start next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home