Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

a challenge!

A relative of mine challenged me to answer a few questions, so here goes:

1. One book that changed your life: The Marrige of Sense and Soul (Ken Wilber) -- This book effectively and persuasively makes you think about the nature of consciousness and reality, and promotes self-exploration on an unusual level.

2. One book you’ve read more than once: Mountains Beyond Mountains
(Tracy Kidder)

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: The Worst-Case Scenario Little Book of Survival

4. One book that made you giddy: Any of the Harry Potter Books

5. One book that wracked you with sobs: ??? I'm sure there is one, but I honestly can't remember a title!

6. One book that you wish had been written: A biography of my mother. She died a few years ago, and I wish that I knew more about her life.

7. One book you wish had never been written: I can't think of anything! I really believe in having things written down so that one can always look back and lend thought to events and situations.

8. One book you’re currently reading: Invisible Enemies: Stories of Infectious Disease (Jeanette Farrell)

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Collapse (Jared Diamond)

10. Now tag five bloggers: Erin, Clare, Andrew (ack! I don't know two others to tag!)

2 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger Liisa said...

Thanks! Have you read the whole set of Harry Potters? I have read only two. The first one in English and the second in Finnish.

Your answer to #7 is really wise. Everything has some kind of reason.

 
At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. I liked Guns, Germs, and Steel, but Collapse disappointed me a bit, mostly out of seeming far more speculative.

BTW, would you mind looking at a cello part to make sure it's all playable? (It's the first movement of my piano quartet, there are a couple spots where I think the cello part may or may not need revision.) I can e-mail a PDF score some time tomorrow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home