Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Sunday, June 25, 2006

first skein of handspun!

Well, it has been in the 80's and clear outside, with a reasonable breeze... so you know where to find me! Out sailing (and swimming)! I have been remiss with the fiber projects lately, but I swear I have a good excuse... Lake Washington was calling to me...

But look! My first handspun! The red mini-skein (18 whole yards) is two-ply wool of mixed type, spun and plied on the drop-spindle. Erin is a wonderful, sweet, fantastic friend and she brought me back some goodies from Oregon (Black Sheep Gathering) since I couldn't make it. I will post those pictures soon, but for now just the pretty roving that I am actually using is in the picture. On the drop spindle is some beautiful Blue Faced Licester from Baa Bette's Fleece that I am spinning up right now.


My friend Beth also came over to play, and today was her first time spinning! She used Erin's Lendrum to spin the fiber, and here is a picture of her plying with the drop spindle... Way to go Beth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home