Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Knitting Expo... and the azalea bush that attacked...

I turned another year older this week, and thanks to a few wonderful friends, had an excellent Indian food birthday party! My parents also called to tell me that they were sending me flowers. Well, I naturally assumed that they were sending a vase of cut flowers, and was looking forward to getting something new for the table. Thursday morning, I got up and got all ready to catch the bus to school. With a few minutes to spare before my bus arrived, I opened the front door... and there it was...
The delivery person had pushed the nearly waist-tall azalea shrub so close to the screen door that I could not get out of the house! It took about 15 minutes to wiggle and push the shrub far enough away to open the door, making me miss the bus and late for class. And what a lovely shrub it is, too! Thanks, Dad and Andee!

I also recieved some LOVELY hand-dyed yarn from Erin for my birthday (top right in the below photo), which I can't wait to knit up! She knew exactly which color I needed. She also was my savior on Friday, and rescued me from class to go to the Knitting Expo! See the loot below:

On the top row, we have two skeins of Sleeping Dragon sock yarn, 3 skeins of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock, 2 skeins of BMFA Sock Candy, and 2 skeins of Erin's spectacular birthday yarn. On the bottom, we have four skeins of BMFA Twisted yarn (and 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden, from a recent emergency purchase).

A teaser for this week: the BMFA Sock Candy yarn knits like a dream. I wish I had gotten more! I can't wait to finish this sock. Also to come: finished sock for aunt, and finished baby sock for classmate. Photos after the big exam on Monday!

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Liisa said...

Congratulations!

The azalea shrub seems amazingly BIG! Take good care of it, won´t you?

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Erin said...

OMG, that shrub is HUGE! No wonder you had such an issue getting out of your house. It is beautiful though. The yarn I dyed for you looks pretty all balled up! I can't wait to see what you do with it, and the Sock Candy socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home