Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

acid dyeing adventure

Things have been busy this week! It's suddenly been in the high 70's to low 80's, sunny and breezy... Perfect sailing weather. I taught a beginner class on Hobie Bravo sailboats this weekend, which was wonderful. The students were all excited to be there and the weather was just right. Life would be great if my sinuses would agree to cooperate!

Sunday was studying for the exam this week, and buying dye for my post-test dyeing adventure. It sure is hard to study when it is so nice outside!

Erin hosted the little dye party, and we stayed up late watching the Grey's Anatomy season finale while we dyed yarn for Dye-o-Rama! I dyed one for me and one for my secret pal. Since I am obsessed with hot pink azaleas, I dyed the top skein to be an "Azalea" colorway... The bottom skein is a striping sock-yarn for my secret pal.


Azalea used hot fuschia, teal, brilliant kelly green, and emerald (Jaquard dyes), and the purple skein used purple, violet, scarlett, brilliant blue, and teal. The pink is much brighter and more distinct in normal light -- I am not that great with photo quality right now...

4 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Erin said...

They look so pretty!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Liisa said...

So you have got better! Great!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Heide said...

Both are beautiful, especially the azaelia!

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are beautiful - the combinations are stunning and I imagine they'll knit up beautifully! Your pal is one lucky knitter. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home