Northwest Knitter

Hi! I am am a 4th year medical student, sailor, and knitter in Seattle, WA. If all goes as planned, knitting and playing with boats will keep me sane while in school! Recently, I have gotten woo'ed by "going green" and am doing my best to improve and consume/waste less...

Sunday, May 07, 2006

All of the socks, great and small...

So, it's been over a week. With that much time to knit, what can I say for myself? Socks. I finished up the ends and sent off some Koigu socks for my grandmother and some Sweet Georgia socks for one aunt; I have one sock to go for another aunt and a pair left for the third. Then, I will be caught up for my promises through last Christmas (2005)... That will teach me never to say "Oh, of COURSE I can knit 5 pairs of socks in 6 weeks!" again.

Here are my fine specimens for this week:


The blue one is a gift sock from the stash (I wish I knew what yarn!) on my foot, since I wear the same size shoe as the recipient (size 39 in Danskos). The tiny blue one is a gift for a classmate's baby due this summer. By then, I expect to have another sock and a hat to match... It is made from GGH Scarlett yarn in a pale blue and a beige. The pink sock that is nearly finished is the most wonderful yarn ever! Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sock Candy! I love knitting it, and I can't believe that it is actually cotton. Cotton and "easy to work with" have never before gone together in my knitting repertoir. *grin* That sock is for me.

In other news, Beth and Lois (two of the koolaid dyeing co-conspirators) have been working on their self-striping socks! I expect them to provide me with photos soon, so that I can brag for them.

Now, if I can only survive learning about viruses for another two weeks! I hope I make it to parasites with my sanity intact...

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Dang, you are set with sock yarn enough for a life time. Great pictures of the dyeing process and all the skeins you came up with!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home